How We Use Your Personal Data
At Rigs Fitness we want to give you the best possible customer service experience. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
‘Your Personal Data’ enables us to provide the following;
– To process any purchases that you make by using our website or our billing company
– A personalised service from us at Rigs Fitness which targets information, services, content and offers relevant to you.
– To alert you to any administrational, membership, content or service changes
– For Marketing purposes such as competitions, promotions, or events, etc.
– To respond to your queries, refund requests, cancellation/freeze requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
– To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
– With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text and telephone with relevant information including events, socials, fitness holidays, competitions, current news, fitness information, tips and workouts and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
– To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice and legally required information relating to your purchases. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
– To develop, test and improve the systems and services we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
– To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
In the event you do not wish for us to use ‘Your Personal Data’ for marketing purposes, please either:
– Click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the emails we have sent you (if any).
– Contact the Rigs Fitness team via emailing email@example.com requesting that you wish to be removed from our marketing database.
We will never collect personal data about you without your explicit consent. We will retain the data until the time at which you decide to ‘unsubscribe’ (as above).
Rigs Fitness Ltd. will also conduct an annual review of all data held by the company and will remove any data no longer needed.
You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will provide this information within 30 calendar days of receipt of the information request. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with the law.
Rigs Fitness Limited will neither sell your personal data to third parties nor market it elsewhere. The employees of Rigs Fitness Limited are duty-bound to respect the confidentiality of your data.
If you wish to discuss the personal data we hold about you or make a complaint, please contact email@example.com in the first instance in order that we can investigate thoroughly.
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you can make a formal complaint by calling 0121 246 1976.