Rigs Fitness Wins THIRD National Award in 5 Years
“Rigs Fitness in Moseley, Birmingham has won a THIRD national recognition at a prestigious fitness industry awards ceremony”
WE ARE SO PROUD to announce that Rigs Fitness has won ‘The Best Gym in Midlands and Wales’ at this years National Fitness Awards. This adds to our recent string of successes. Since opening in 2012, our gym in Moseley, Birmingham has won:
– Best New Gym in the UK, 2013 (LINK)
– Best Functional Training Gym in the UK, 2016 (LINK)
– Regional Gym of the Year, Midlands & Wales 2017 (an award that Rigs had previously come runner up in in 2014 and 2016)
– Rigs also came runner up in the years Strength Training Gym of the Year.
The awards, organised by Script Events and leading industry publication Workout, with support from headline sponsor ServiceSport, recognise excellence, innovation and achievement in all corners of the industry.
To come out on top, our gym went through a rigorous assessment process, which involved a site visit by a member of the awards’ team who toured the facility, chatted to members and staff and examined all areas of the business from member retention to customer service.
Detailed reports were then compiled and passed on to an expert judging panel, which included top personal trainer Richard Callender, fitness guru and former contestant on The Apprentice Katie Bulmer-Cooke and award-winning gym owner Steve Johnson, who decided the winners in each category from the shortlists.
National Fitness Awards’ event director Judith Halkerston said: “All our winners have had an arduous journey to this point – the standard of entries seems to just get stronger year on year and every facility that walked away with an award should be extremely proud.”
Awards were presented in over 20 categories at a glittering ceremony at The Athena in Leicester, attended by over 800 health and fitness professionals and hosted by former TV Gladiator and fitness expert Jenny Pacey and top personal trainer and fitness presenter Dean Hodgkin.
This years awards ceremony marked the 4th time Rigs Fitness had been shortlisted for national awards in 5 years of being open. Rigs owner Sam Smith said:
“Since we won Best New gym in the UK in 2013, we’ve been working hard to continually improve. Listening to our members, predicting industry trends and providing some of the best coaching in the UK allowed us to come runner up in this category twice (in 2014 and 2016), and I guess third time’s is a charm. We’re now officially the best gym in the Midlands & Wales and the best Functional Training gym in the UK. Now it’s time to work hard and aim for even better things in 2018”
– For more information about Rigs Fitness please visit our website HERE
– If you’re interested in a FREE taster session please call us on 01212461976, email us at email@example.com or come down and see us anytime Rigs Fitness, 4 Willersey Road, B130AY 🙂
– For more information about our Athlete Development Programme and Athletic Performance at Rigs visit our website HERE