The UK’s First Weightlifting Knockout Tournament With A Cash Prize – Affiliated with and supported by British Weight Lifting
PrizeLifter™ is an exciting new event that sets to redefine weight lifting as an entertainment. The concept features eight lifters from a chosen weight class competing in one evening for a cash prize. Featuring up and coming lifters as well as seasoned athletes each lifter will pair up in four initial quarter final rounds with winners meeting in the final. All lifting is held in one action packed evening of weightlifting that is guaranteed to bring fans flocking with explosive lifting action and party atmosphere all night.
The first PrizeLifter™ will be held at the BWL Birmingham Open on Sat 13th August at Edgbaston Stadium the weight class, Female Lightweights (<65kgs).
Also featuring on the night as an exclusive ‘First Time Lifters’ competition. 8 Male and 8 Female athletes with no previous weight lifting experience will step out onto the stage and compete in both the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk. The winner will be decided by the Sinclair Formula… (The Sinclair Coefficients are a means to compare different weight classes in Olympic Weightlifting – meaning there will be no strict weight classes on the night, just 16 athletes who want to lift their maximum!).
There are two very clear goals set out for PrizeLifter at The BWL Birmingham Open:
- To have an action packed night of explosive sports entertainment and for spectators and lifters alike to enjoy themselves
- To encourage more people to see what Weightlifting is all about and get involved in this exciting sport
Ticket Information: Standard Tickets £20 – VIP/Waitress Service Tickets £30 (Table of 12 £300, limited availability).
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW… THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT FAST SO GET YOURS ASAP TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT. Ticket available from:
- Direct from Rigs Fitness (Call 07812030477 or 01212461976 to reserve yours now)
- Direct from any of the athletes competing on the night
- Online by following this link – https://goo.gl/5klwZW